
After a few days of unsteady wobbling, Liam mastered sitting a couple weeks ago. His balance already impresses me as he seems to reach out for toys in front and to his sides without toppling and has started to transition to his tummy with some ease. Its really fun that he can sit on his own now for a lot of reasons. Not the least among them, I can set him down a little more. I never thought I'd be able to say I'm getting arm muscles but my little 9lb newborn has quickly become a 19.5lb 6 month old and I'm starting to get the arm toning to prove it.
Liam had his 6 month doctors appointments last week. He remains in the 90% for height (28inches) and weight. In addition to his pediatrician Liam sees a pediatric ophthalmologist for the eye issues that are characteristic of his albinism. His visual acuity test this last week showed continued improvement, which we were pretty excited about. Less excited about the 2.5 hours we spent in the weighting room, but c'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment