Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eating like the grown ups

Liam is now eating foods twice a day. He's taken to it really pretty well. It is still really fun to introduce him to new foods and watch his reaction. Last night Jon introduced peas. They were... not a hit. Liam made horrible faces, but begrudgingly ate a handful of bites any way. Prunes over the weekend got a similar response; can't say I blame him on that one.

Normally our fabulous sitter feeds Liam foods twice a day while we are at work. I try to catch up with his growing skills at eating on the weekends when I get to feed the boy. Tonight, however, Liam hadn't eaten yet when I got home so I got to feed him. As is becoming typical for him, he approaches eating with focus, determination, and attempts at independence. He grabs the spoon with such strength I have trouble prying it out of his little hand. Tonight I decided to indulge his desire to do it himself and let him have both the spoon and the bowl. It seemed like he might enjoy exploring the texture of the food with his hands. I'm not an idiot - I knew it would be a mess. He ended up with food in his hair, eye, etc... but he had a blast. I snapped some pictures of his exploration.

No comments: