
Although Liam has a number of toys that are designed especially for kids his age, with the colors, lights, and sounds to prove it, he seems so much more curious and interested in the regular things around the house. So, I decided to give him his own little treasure box full of daily items for him to explore. His little basket (previously our bread basket in its past life) includes items of different sizes, textures, shapes and weights for him to play with. I introduced him to his little basket this evening for the first time, after gathering some items from around our house. The basket currently includes a metal spoon, a length of green ribbon, a fabric coaster, a Nerf soccer ball, and an empty water bottle. I have to say I think it was a big success. Liam spent over 30 minutes this evening quietly exploring the items. He'd stretch and stretch when he accidentally let the ball or the bottle roll too far out of his reach and I'd retrieve it for him. I think I'll try to occasionally replace the items he rarely takes out of his basket with new items for him to explore. Ideas?

1 comment:
Such a cute idea! Here are our votes for new treasure box items:
Jonathan's Picks:
1. ND beer cozie
2. basball
3. remote control (start em early)
4. anything periwinkle colored
Hannah's Picks:
1. an orange
2. ice pack
3. hand towel
Post a Comment