Saturday, June 16, 2012

Resiliency.

Not that long ago, in a moment when I was feeling wise (not that often), I wrote to a dear friend that I think the thing the key to parenting is resiliency. The ability to pick yourself up when your day falls to pot and say, you know what forget that lets try this again. To not carry the baggage of being frustrated with your toddler through your whole day. MUCH easier said than done, I can attest to this. But with little kids it seems that if you can't be resilient, you might as well pull the covers over your head and hide.

Anyway, I'm working on it. This morning liam ran downstairs to grab some truck while I was folding laundry. Moments later he came up and said "mom, do you want to come see something?". At this moment I knew this cannot go well. "Liam, is there trouble?"  Long. Quiet. Pause.  "Soooo,...... Ipoureddad'swateronthefloor".

Liam, leaning over the egde of the bed this morning spit on the floor. Why? Just to see what would happen.  Spitting is suddenly very interesting to this 3 year old boy. He recently also invented something called a "spit smooch". Its spitting and a kiss combined.  3yr old boys, I suspect, are the only ones that think that's a good combination.

Anyway, photo's are overdue. So here are a few.
Easter 


Over the bridge at St. Mary"s
 


Liam turn's 3!

What?!

No comments: