As I write this, I am sitting in an over-sized leather arm chair beside a crackling fire, my belly nearly full on smores, sipping a devine glass of wine in our lodge in Beaver Creek, CO. Jon and I snuck away this weekend to ski and spend some time together relaxing. We havent had a chance to ski since before I got pregnant and we've been looking forward to the chance to get out on the slopes again for some time. It has also be a wonderful chance to spend some time together away from the business of our everyday life.
We've only been away from home for a couple days but we are missing our Liam a great deal. I've been calling home several times a day to get the update from my mom on how things are going and the hear Liam in the background. It sounds like they are having a great time, but I sure miss him. I had no idea how hard it would be to be away from home until now.
Over the last week of having my mom in town it has seemed like he has been picking up so many new things. The same seemed true when we were in OH for Christmas with Jons parents. Maybe its something about grandparents, they seem to accelerate his learning. Last week my mom shook her head "no, no, no" at Liam and with in a few minutes our 9 month old was shaking his head back at us.
Anyway, thats was going on with us this week. Learning how little time it takes to miss him.
I havent updated Liam's likes and dislikes in a while, so here you go:
Liam loves: Opening and shutting doors of any kind (including the freezer (thanks mom. ))
Liam hates: Having his clothes or diaper changed
Liam's listening to: Grandma
Liam's reading: Brown bear brown bear, The very hungery catepiller, and a Bob the Builder book focusing on the Saw. (he likes to read the same books over and over... and protests changes. He's likes the predictable... just like his dad. Why deviate from what he knows he likes?)
Until next time, hope all are well. :)
1 comment:
Sounds like heaven! I hope you had a great time...sounds like Liam did!
Post a Comment