As many of you know, Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I just adore all of the time and painstaking care that goes into the preparation of the meal and the time spent together as a family. The food is wonderful, the meal together is fun, and we get a day all together with no other purpose than spending time with family. Hooray!
This year we made our first trip to Texas with Liam to celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom and brothers. I was really nervous about Liam on the flight, since we opted not to buy him a seat. Although going through security was a bit of a test with all our bags and a stroller and Liam, who wasnt content to sit in the stroller while we waited in the long line. We left plenty of time so we didnt have to feel stress about that. Once through security Liam happily settled into his stroller and I walked him up and down our terminal until our flight. He slept for most of the flight. By and large, I'd call the trip here a sucess.
At my Mom's house we've been enjoying several treats that we dont have at home. 1) lots of space to spread out! b) warm weather and c) bath tubs (we only have showers). Although Jon has a good deal of work to do during our stay, Liam and I have really been relaxing and enjoying our stay.
Today, in honor of Thanksgiving, Liam got to try his first meat... Turkey. We pulled him up to the dining table in his little high chair and let him join the party. He tasted the baby food turkey without much fanfare... and then spit it up all down the front of his shirt. For the rest of the meal, Liam played of to the side with the shutters/blinds that are on the dining room window. Loves those blinds. I suppose just a small reminder to anticipate the unexpected with a baby.
Anyway, were having a great Thanksgiving and truly have a great deal to be thankful for again this year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment