As much as I enjoy all the blogs that my friends maintain, I seem to have fallen short on my own. Its now November and I haven't posted since September. Its a shame because there are so many really fun moments with Liam happening these days that I want to share with our friends and family who live a little farther away. His language skills have exploded and we have been having a lot of fun getting to know whats going in his mind a little bit more.
Many of you know how much I love love love Thanksgiving, so I thought I'd share a little bit of how we are starting to get ready for the holiday in our house. This weekend we will be hosting our annual "friends thanksgiving" party. We started this tradition years ago and its become one of the highlights of our whole holiday season. With parents and family living out of town we often travel for the holiday itself, which means.... no left overs. :( Also, since Thanksgiving Day is so often spent with immediate family, Jon and I were looking for a way to celebrate and be thankful for our "second family", our friends who provide us so much support throughout the year. And so, "friends thanksgiving" was born. I am so looking forward to saturday!
In the meantime, Liam and I have been talking a lot about the holidays and I've been trying to introduce him to some of the themes that he'll see this year. The other morning I was telling Liam about thanksgiving and how its a great time to say thank you. This also has coincided with deciding to teach Liam about praying. This is the result:
Liam : dee gawd (dear God)
Thank you.
GOOD BYE!! (with great enthusiasm)
Its awesome.
1 comment:
this warmed my heart.
Post a Comment