Friday, July 2, 2010

Eye Surgery

I can't believe its July already. I haven't been a diligent blogger lately as its been a busy time in our house as of late. Over and above normally hectic work schedules and lovely visits from family and friends, Liam had eye surgery last week. We'd been anticipating this for sometime and some of you may have noticed his eyes doing some wonky things is pictures I've posted in the past. Liam has albinism, which many of you know, which causes not just his fair coloring but also some complications with his vision. Since his diagnosis around this time last year we've been closely watching his eyes and the development of his vision. Last week, he had a surgery on both eyes to adjust muscles that were causing "eye-crossing" and also allowing him to primarly see with one eye at a time. We've been really pleased with the results of his surgery. You can see in the close up of his face in the last post that he now has both eyes alligned and, happily, seems to be using them together. Ultimately, this will give him a chance to develop better depth perception. The experience of surgery with a little one is hard because you really can't help them to understand whats going on. I'm glad to have it behind us. :)

Now we can focus on the cold he picked up in the last day or two and teething, again....

No comments: